If you are unable to work because of a debilitating condition and need assistance applying for benefits, don’t delay in contacting the North Carolina SSD Benefits team at Calhoun Law, P.C. Our team is here to help you file a claim or provide assistance in helping you appeal a denied claim. Our office has big city experienced professionals, with small town personalized care.
Social Security Disability or SSD, is a government program that provides payments to people who are disabled and unable to maintain gainful employment. When applying for these benefits, there are specific steps that must be followed as well as deadlines that must be met. Our team understands the regulations by the SSA and how to effectively and efficiently pursue claims.
SSD is for workers who have paid into Social Security, and is available to those individuals when injury, illness or disability limits his or her ability to work. Get the information you need to collect the benefits you are entitled to. Call our office at 704-735-7491.
Do You Qualify for SSD?
Applicant’s eligibility is determined by a strict criteria and the type of disability must be included in the Social Security Administration’s List of Impairments.
Types included in the SSA’s Listing of Impairments include:
- Mental disorders: There are currently 11 categories of mental disorders.
- Cancer: lymphoma, leukemia, breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
- Immune system disorders: lupus, systemic sclerosis (scleroderma), inflammatory arthritis, etc.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: spine disorders, amputation(s), major fractures, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Special senses and speech disorders: blindness, hearing loss, or loss of speech due to any cause
- Respiratory disorders: chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, lung transplantation, etc.
- Cardiovascular disorders: chronic heart failure, recurrent arrhythmias, heart transplant, etc.
- Digestive disorders: gastrointestinal hemorrhage, liver dysfunction, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), etc.
- Genitourinary system disorders: kidney disease, kidney transplant, etc.
- Skin disorders: Ichthyosis, dermatitis, burns, etc.
- Neurological disorders: epilepsy, parkinsonian syndrome, multiple sclerosis (MS), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), traumatic brain injury (TBI), etc.
At Calhoun Law, P.C. we offer a free consultation for Social Security Disability. Please contact us today if you have questions about your options.